Special News

loading...

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Donald Rumsfeld Doesn't Know If He Supports Gay Marriage, Because Maybe It Would Lead To Polygamy?

Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld admitted this week he was stumped by way of a question about whether he supported gay marriage rights.

Talking to Larry King on Ora TV, Rumsfeld spoke about his support for repealing the military's "don't ask, don't tell" gay exclusion policy, before conceding he was more conflicted about marriage equality.

“You understand, I'm, I suppose, of a generation that I don't ... I paid attention to a few of the Supreme Court justices and one said,'Well what's next after that? Is it two people, three people?' ” the 80-year-old Rumsfeld told King, seemingly referencing a concern raised by Justice Sonia Sotomayor during a case over California's Proposition 8 gay marriage ban earlier this year.

King noted Rumsfeld's benefit civil rights during his time in Congress, nevertheless the former Illinois congressman said he considered gay rights another issue.

“I suppose I simply don't equate the 2," Rumsfeld said. "It's not really a subject I'm knowledgeable about. I suppose the Rumsfeld rule listed here is: I don't know.”

After leaving the George W. Bush administration, Rumsfeld invited speculation about his views on gay rights when he wouldn't directly endorse Bush's anti-gay positions, instead choosing an even more vague answer.

"The administration has positions on these exact things," he told GQ in a 2007 interview when asked about gay marriage. "And if you're the main administration, you're supportive of the administration."

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Please let us know what is your opinion about this news